Books for Single Christian Women

Books for Single Christian Women

When I was single, I read a lot of good books that helped me to grow in every area of my life as well as help prepare me for marriage. I hope this resource list will impact your life as well! #books #christian #faithbased #singleness #preparingformarriage

Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ's Control

All I can say is "wow" with this book. I read it when I was in college and it helped to solidify my desire to embrace sexual purity as a young Christian woman.

Sex and the Soul of a Woman: How God Restores the Beauty of Relationship from the Pain of Regret

We have become so flippant about sex before marriage and its impact on our lives. This book was an absolute eye-opener and it also showed me how God uses sex within marriage to restore.

Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free

Talk about going against our cultural norms! This book will challenge your views on many issues. It's a good read for certain.

Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs

This book has profoundly changed the way I relate to men. God has made men and women differently and this book really gives you good insight. Learn to respect a man and it will radically transform your relationship with him.

Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman

When I read this book, I remember that it challenged me with regards to my wardrobe and living an uncluttered life. It's a must-read to bring order and simplicity to our busy lives.

Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?: Trusting God with a Hope Deferred

I read this book just when I was giving up hope of ever getting married. If you're disappointed about not being married as yet, this is just the right book for you now! You can thank me later.)

Captivating Expanded Edition: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul

God used this book to show me a vow that I made when I was very young. Due to hurt, I became a "hard" woman. I believe that God broke the hardness that had developed in me through the years. (I probably still have some ways to go though!) Check out this book!

Every Man's Battle, Revised and Updated 20th Anniversary Edition: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time

This book was an eye-opener for me to understand the way God has made men; the struggles they face in our sex-saturated world; and my responsibility, as a follower of Jesus, to behave responsible toward men.

Margin: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives

One of my co-workers recommended this book when I was experiencing burnout. The message of this book helped me to see how crazy my life had become and helped me to take control again of my time. When you're finished reading it, you can follow it up with "The Overload Syndrome" by the same author (Richard Swenson).

The Overload Syndrome: Learning to Live Within Your Limits (Guidebook)

I read his book "Margin" first and I was convinced that I need to read "The Overload Syndrome" immediately after! God used the messages in those two books to get my health back in shape after experiencing burnout. I haven't experienced a burnout since that time. Check it out!

Strong Women, Soft Hearts: A Woman's Guide to Cultivating a Wise Heart and a Passionate Life

I am definitely a strong woman. If you're gravitating toward this book, you're probably a strong woman too. Our strengths, under the power of the Holy Spirit, can be used for God's glory. Take a read!